1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are.
Kanina sa clinic, sabi ng isa kong officemate, kilala mo na ba talaga ang boyfriend mo? Siguro oo, pero 30% pa lang ang nakikita mo, dun ka kasi nakatingin sa safe side na, “mahal niya ako, hindi niya ako lolokohin.”
Sabagay tama naman kasi siya e, ganun tayong mga babae, kapag nagmahal laging yung perfect side tinitignan, puro masasayang bagay lang yung binibigyang pansin, sine-set aside natin yung bad habits ng ating minamahal. Wala mahal mo eh. Pero naisip mo bang pumasok duon sa 70% nung mundo niya? Kung ano ba talaga siya kapag hindi kayo magkasama. Ganun rin ba siya kabait. Tayo kasing mga babae, likas tayong selosa at praning minsan. Sa sobrang pagmamahal natin, nagiging possessive tayo. Yung halos lahat ng galaw niya, gusto natin bantay sarado natin. Ganyan tayo, aminin mo.
Ang mga lalaki kasi, hindi naman sila malandi, I mean hanggat walang nagpapahiwatig, diba nga, sa inuman, kapag si boyfriend may kasama na mga babae, at kapag medyo lasing na yung babae, minsan napapasandal, napapalandi kay lalaki, si lalaki naman dahil palay na ang lumalapit sa manok sige naman, aba grasya na e tatangihan pa ba nila? Well, hindi ko naman nilalahat, meron pa ring matinong lalaki syempre pero expect the worst na lang, mahirap umasa no.
Kapag ba pinasok mo yung 70% ng pagtao niya tanggap mo pa rin ba siya? Kasi diba sabi nila kapag you’ve seen the worst in him, tapos tanggap mo pa rin siya yun siguro yung pagmamahal. Hindi naman sa pagiging martir, pero yung kasi yung konsepto ng pagmamahal, kapag natanggap mo lahat ng maganda at hindi niya magandang katangian dun mo masasabing tunay ang yong nararamdaman
“Kung magpapaligaya sa ating ang isang bagay, seize it right away! Sa kade-delay, baka mawala lang sa atin ito at mauuwi tayong nagse-settle sa hindi naman talaga natin gusto. Mas mahirap pagsisihan ang mga bagay na hindi mo ginawa. Wala na yatang mas masakit pa sa thought na abot-kamay mo na lang, pero pinalampas mo pa.” - Noreen Capili #ButipaAngRomaMayBagongPapa #lateupload #potd
Both were bought at the ever trusted thrift store. I love buying at a thrift shop, I find some unique and trendy items. I want them unique coz I don’t wanna be tagged as a copy cat. Lol.
Cropped Top — erupt 83 thrifted
Levis tattered shorts — thrifted also
People like us, we don’t need that much / Just someone that starts, starts the spark in our bonfire hearts.. ❤️👀